Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ezra's Thomas the Tank Engine birthday party

I feel soooooooo guilty. Guilty for not updating my blog for 6 months (That's half a year! I'm a bad bad blogger). And moreover very very guilty for not posting my son's birthday party that should've been posted last July.

It was his 3rd birthday and the theme was Thomas the Tank Engine, his favorite blue train, but in more rustic way. Honestly we didn't have enough time to prepare it. There were some flaws here and there, but Ezra didn't mind coz he wasn't old enough to understand anyway.

This is the dessert table...






Did you see that something was missing? Yes! The lasagna! I was quite furious when the lasagna in cups weren't delivered on time. And when they did came, my hubby didn't have time to take full picture of the dessert table. So I'm quite dissapointed that my dessert table was not qualified as one.

Anyway, it's not a dessert table to be exact, coz it had some savories on it: lasagna in cups & some chicken sandwich. Fortunately the lasagna was a hit. It was very yummy that the fact that it was late, didn't really bother me at the end. I ordered the lasagna from Manna Gracia by the way. I still recommend it for it's lassagna taste. For the sandwich, I made them myself (whole wheat bread, chicken ham, green cucumber & mayo).




Move on to sweets. The center piece was a master piece by Pearly Cakes. This cake was wonderfull, both in design (look at the details!) and taste.



And offcourse these adorable cupcakes...



The funny story is... Peggy (the sweet lady behind Pearly Cakes) was actually my highschool mate! She was in the same year with me in Loyola College Semarang, but coz we never were in the same class, we didn't really know each other. It's a small world afterall.

I also ordered some cookies form Cinnamon Cake. Mba Nani also did a great job for Kanaya's princess cookies before...


The lollipop was ofcourse from Fantasy. The others were just some popcorn, chocolate milk & fruits in skewers.






I placed the goodie bags beside the dessert table. I thought the whistles were nice little touch for the simple paper bags.





I happened to have some time to did some prop for photo booth (or for the kids to simply take picture with, coz there was no particular place for the photo booth).



The big hits for the kids offcourse were the toys that we rented. There were slide, tunnel, bowling game & swing animal.




Ezra had so much fun. He was super excited to found out that his house became a playground. He didn't care how hot it was. He just climbed, slided, crawled inside the tunnel, running around until his hair and clothes were soaking wet with his sweat, his face was all red from heat & excitement. I'm glad that he was happy and that's the most important thing for me.

5 comments:

  1. What fun! ^_^
    Happy bday Ezra :-*
    Mamanya kemana aja niiih :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lvoe the crossing signs!! This is a wonderful party! I was searching for Thomas video for my kid, and I found you! glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @designer, thankyou... mamanya lagi pusing nih... lagi numpuk kerjaannya... :)

    @babalisme, wow you found this post by googling? Thanks for visiting... :) Always love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tante tiaaa.. happy birthday buat dek Ezra :) salam juga buat om pam dan dek kanaya hehe. blognya lucu banget tantee aku suka hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regia manissss... makasih ya ucapannya... :) BTW kemaren waktu kita ketemu di GI, you looked so cool... I heart your style... :)

    ReplyDelete